Join Our Team!
Do you want to join a small company where you can have a big impact? Do you enjoy using your applications expertise to design and develop best-in-class solutions? Do you enjoy using your accounting experience to assess current operations and offer recommendations for improvement? Do you desire to work for a company that offers a casual environment, great benefits, and work schedules? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our company could be perfect for you.
Rolka Loube provides administrative and consultative services to government agencies, primarily in the utility industry. We design, implement, and administer technical solutions for our clients to perform billing, collections, and record keeping services, as well as, user registration, data analytics, and regulatory compliance. Our company, established in 2000, is based in Harrisburg, PA. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our small but nimble team.
The ideal applicant is an independent, analytical, self-motivated individual looking for a stable career opportunity with a company positioning itself for growth and longevity.
What Rolka Loube Offers:
Rolka Loube offers challenging work in a casual yet professional environment where you can earn a competitive salary while building your skill set and using your talents and creativity to help us grow together. We offer benefit programs that are beyond the norm, to include a fully paid medical plan, 401k contribution regardless of employee participation, outstanding PTO benefits, and educational and training reimbursement.
Senior Applications Developer
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
The Senior Application Developer will have expertise in application development, business systems analysis and solution architecture. In this role you must be organized, analytical and possess the ability to work independently through all aspects of the SDLC as well as having the desire to build and lead an application development team using the most contemporary tools and techniques.
- Communicate with process owners and business analysts to gather accurate specifications for existing and new applications.
- Assist in the development of functional and technical design documents based on client project specifications.
- Assist with project estimating based on requirements and technical designs.
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code.
- Collaborate with different teams and team members on the project execution of SDLC.
- Report to a team lead and provide clear updates on current tasks, priorities and impediments.
- Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness.
- Perform documentation of code appropriately for maintainability.
- Present strong communication skills (both verbal and written) to convey technical knowledge with others clearly and concisely to ensure redundancy within the role.
- Employee is considered a user with privileged or administrator access to RL systems, logs and/or assets aligning with least privilege access necessary for support of functional business areas and IT systems.
A BS in Information Systems/Computer science or related field or equivalent work experience is required. A minimum of 3+ years of working experience in application development within a Microsoft environment is also required. Experience working in a Cloud Infrastructure, either Azure or Amazon Web Services, is a major plus but is not required. Candidate must also possess the aptitude and desire to continue to broaden technical skills in support of evolving technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and growth-oriented environment with regularly changing priorities and developing opportunities.
- Ability to manage own work flow and meet deadlines while responding to frequent demands of clients and internal staff.
- Ability to interface with multiple users across the organization and effectively manage project requirements from start to finish.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members of varying skills sets.
- Ability to function independently and display a proactive initiative in problem resolution.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings.
- Able to influence the work of others to drive medium & large projects to successful completion through effective project management, customer interaction, and IT coordination.
- The person holding this position must remain current with all required licensing, certifications, continuing education requirements necessary to the position.