Join Our Team!
Do you want to join a small company where you can have a big impact? Do you enjoy using your applications expertise to design and develop best-in-class solutions? Do you enjoy using your accounting experience to assess current operations and offer recommendations for improvement? Do you desire to work for a company that offers a casual environment, great benefits, and work schedules? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our company could be perfect for you.
Rolka Loube provides administrative and consultative services to government agencies, primarily in the utility industry. We design, implement, and administer technical solutions for our clients to perform billing, collections, and record keeping services, as well as, user registration, data analytics, and regulatory compliance. Our company, established in 2000, is based in Harrisburg, PA. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our small but nimble team.
The ideal applicant is an independent, analytical, self-motivated individual looking for a stable career opportunity with a company positioning itself for growth and longevity.
What Rolka Loube Offers:
Rolka Loube offers challenging work in a casual yet professional environment where you can earn a competitive salary while building your skill set and using your talents and creativity to help us grow together. We offer benefit programs that are beyond the norm, to include a fully paid medical plan, 401k contribution regardless of employee participation, outstanding PTO benefits, and educational and training reimbursement.
Senior Financial Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for general ledger accounting which will include assisting with month end close, journal entries, analysis, reconciliations, working with billing and invoicing, working with accounts payable, assisting with providing information to the audit team, as well as reporting. The ideal candidate will be able to pick up new responsibilities quickly and enjoy designing and implementing new processes that ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Assist in supervision, direction, and development of operations department staff in relation to accounting entries and duties
- Assist in overseeing the A/P and A/R daily and weekly functions. Provide backups for the processes as needed
- Managing financial transactions
- Maintain, review, and analyze detail of the general ledger
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement, and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Assist with preparation of internal and external financial statements.
Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close
- Preparation of monthly budgetary entries
- Assist in preparation of year end needed data
- Assist with onboarding of additional new funds and business.
Monitoring internal controls
- Coordinating of the audit processes and requests (internal and external)
- Assist CFO with the preparation of annual budgets and coordinate departmental budget information
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Remain current in knowledge of applicable accounting practices, laws governing accounting practices as well as industry trends
- To be considered for this position the applicant must be experienced in and be able to perform the outlined job responsibilities satisfactorily upon the engagement. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- The person holding this position must remain current with all required licensing, certifications, continuing education requirements necessary to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Experience and Other Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting or finance, preferably in governmental industry
- CPA preferred
- NetSuite Financial Management experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to redirect priorities based upon current workload (ability to react to current situations)
- Demonstrate teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to collaborate across various business functions
- Strong financial analysis skills including proficiency in Excel required
- Experience interacting with Auditors (internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
If you have a passion and expertise around accounting processes and reporting, Rolka Loube could be the company for you.
For more information, contact Alec McGrath at email@example.com